Holy Week Schedule 2021
Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord
- Sunday, March 28th 9:00am, 11:00am, & 5:00pm
Confessions for Holy Week: Wednesday, March 31th ~ 9:30~ 10:30am
Holy Thursday ~ Mass of the Lord Supper
- Thursday, April 1st ~ 7:00pm ~ Adoration until 9:30pm
Good Friday of the Passion of the Lord
- Friday, April 2nd @ 3:00pm
- Stations of the Cross @ 7pm
Holy Saturday ~ Great Easter Vigil
- Saturday, April 3rd ~ 8:00pm
- Blessing of Easter Baskets
Easter Sunday ~ Resurrection of the Lord
- Sunday, April 4th~ 9:00am & 11:00am
Please note: there will be no 5:00pm Mass on Easter Sunday
Safety Measures when attending Mass
- We will STILL be taking temperatures before entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to leave.
- If you feel ill, please stay home.
- There are hand sanitizer stations at the door to use when entering and throughout the Church.
- Communion on the tongue should be excluded for the sake of the health of others, with the understanding that it will be allowed at a later date when it is safe to do so. If people insist, they can be given Communion only after everyone else has received, and the priest should sanitize his hands immediately, even after a single Communion, if his hand touches the communicant's mouth in any way."
- Please do not congregate to talk in the pews or aisles.
The 9:00am Sunday Mass will be Live-streamed for those who are home bound
USE FRONT ENTRANCE ONLY closest to the parking lot. PLEASE NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH.
WEAR A MASK/CLOTH FACE COVERING and BRING HAND SANITIZER
ARRIVE EARLY to get familiar with new procedures. Remember to maintain 6 FEET OF SOCIAL DISTANCE when moving about or waiting to enter.
PLEASE NO GATHERING to socialize before or after Mass in vestibules or parking lot.
SIT ONLY WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD. Follow all instructions of ushers regarding seating and movement.
There will be no hymnals or missalettes in the pews.
COMMUNION will be given by Father only; please do not respond AMEN say a SILENT AMEN in your heart.
EXIT the church building through the exit doors in the rear of the wing in which you are seated, starting from the rear. Maintain 6 feet of social distance. Return immediately to your vehicles, again no lingering to socialize, inside or out, or in parking lot.
Mary Our Queen parish, in the Plantsville section of Southington, is a Roman Catholic community founded under the patronage of Mary the mother of Jesus and our queen. We strive to celebrate the liturgy with full conscious and active participation. We are especially devoted to handing on the Faith to our youth and strengthening the faith-lives of our families. We endeavor to offer a warm welcome to all and to reach out to the spiritual and material needs of the people of our community, our nation and the entire world.
Sunday Mass Schedule @ MOQ:
9:00am, 11:00am & 5:00pm
Daily Mass will be celebrated:
7:30 & 12noon Monday ~ Friday
Saturday @ 7:30am
Daily Mass is offered at:
Immaculate Conception Church
130 Summer Street ~ Southington
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
Office Hours - Please Call
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
The office is closed on Thursday.
Phone: (860) 628-4901
Fax: (860) 621-0610
Email: [email protected]
- Rev. A. Waine Kargul, Pastor
Readings for the week of April 11, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 4:32-35 / Ps 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24  / 1 Jn 5:1-6 / Jn 20:19-3
- Monday: Acts 4:23-31 / Ps 2:1-3, 4-7a, 7b-9 [cf. 11d] / Jn 3:1-8
- Tuesday: Acts 4:32-37 / Ps 93:1ab, 1cd-2, 5 [1a] / Jn 3:7b-15
- Wednesday: Acts 5:17-26 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [7a] / Jn 3:16-21
- Thursday: Acts 5:27-33 / Ps 34:2 and 9, 17-18, 19-20 [7a] / Jn 3:31-36
- Friday: Acts 5:34-42 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 [cf. 4abc] / Jn 6:1-15
- Saturday: Acts 6:1-7 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19  / Jn 6:16-21
- Next Sunday: Acts 3:13-15, 17-19 / Ps 4:2, 4, 7-8, 9 [7a] / 1 Jn 2:1-5a / Lk 24:35-48